If your business discharges trade effluent into a public sewer, you’ll need a trade effluent discharge to sewer license (issued under Section 16) of the Local Government (Water Pollution) Act 1977 as amended) will be required. Restaurants, takeaways, pubs serving food prepared in-house, cafes, coffee shops and hotels all need a trade effluent discharge to sewer license. A Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) Trade Effluent license is required for all restaurants, takeaways, and other establishments that prepare food. A properly sized grease trap must be installed on the premises. This is determined by the amount of wastewater generated by the establishment. Irish Water will inspect it regularly and require that the grease trap be maintained, cleaned, and serviced regularly. Records are needed to prove this.

being Compliance